Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Ray of Sunlight on an Otherwise Rainy Day!

I arrived in La Plagne, France yesterday evening! It was a long, but beautiful ride over. I took the train from Sion to Annecy (three connections in total). One of my connections (from Martigny to St-Gervais) went through Chamonix/Mont-Blanc. The ride was incredible. The train goes into the mountains and literally hangs off the cliffs edge. It’s almost like riding on a roller coaster! I highly recommend it! A must do on any trip through the Alps.

JP’s tech, Yul, came to pick me up at the train station and drove me to La Plagne. I’m doing a lot of mileage and seeing a lot of countryside. I love Europe!

Today, JP had a Europa Cup race. The day went pretty smoothly, despite the poor weather conditions – a mix of snow and rain. JP started 37 and managed to qualify in the top 30. He started 5th in the second run. The visibility was pretty poor for the first five racers and JP made a small mistake that cost him some time at the bottom of the course. He finished in 25th position. It was a minor victory, since JP’s actually finished the race (which hasn’t been the case all season). Could this really be the end of his DNF streak? I certainly hope so!

JP has another race tomorrow! Go, go, go JP!

P.S. I’m officially a CAST volunteer! They actually put me to good use and gave me a walky-talky to report the times back to the coaches! I guess if I want to travel with the team more often, I have to make myself useful! And, I thought standing in the finish and looking pretty was useful enough…I guess not…

No comments: