Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

I apologize for not having written sooner. There's been a lot of things happening, but not much to write home about...if ya know what I mean?

Where to start!? Well, JP's second race at La Plagne went really well. He finished the day in 20th position, which ranks him in 37th on the Europa Cup tour! Let's just put it this way, it's a much need small step in the right direction.

From there we drove to Zurich. We stayed at the Welcome Inn near the airport and ate some late night fondue. The next morning we continued on to Innsbruck (with a small pit stop in St. Gallen to watch the Downhill race in Val D'Isere where we won not one, but two podiums!). We arrived in Innsbruck in the early afternoon and went to dinner at Papa Joe's (it's a must when you're in Innsbruck - they have yard long beers)!

On Sunday, I decided to leave JP (and the team) to go to South Tirol to visit the Frisch's. The team decided to train in Innsbruck, but good training doesn't always equal good skiing. And, as much as I love JP, I've seen Innsbruck and I didn't feel like hanging out in the hotel room all day.

So, independent me went in search of snow! It was a good move because it started to snow here Monday night! Lot's of snow! Yoohoo! Yesterday, I finally skied some powder! It was a little heavy, but at this point, beggers can't be choosers! It was a lot of fun!

I'm going skiing again this morning. I can't wait!

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Kitzbuehel! For those of you that don't know Kitzbuehel it's THE RACE OF THE YEAR! But, unfortunately, they had to cancel the downhill due to...you guessed it - lack of snow! But, they're holding two slaloms and JP will be racing in both!

Ok! I'm going skiing!

1 comment:

julie said...

Hiya Chicka- or bunny bun bun! Sorry to hear about the snow. Kylie's been rockin' the Rocks...the Laurentian giant a bunch, you guys can compare notes when you get back. We send you hugs and kisses as you pursue your European adventures!