Friday, January 26, 2007

Double SL Kitzbuehel! GO CANADA!

Hello from Kitzbuehel - home of the world famous Hahnenkamm race! I arrived yesterday! At first glance, the Hannenkam seems, well, not so impressive. I mean, Kitzbuehel itself is not surrounded by high, majestic mountains. It's actually quite low. But, today, I was able to get a closer look! I walked up to the first pitch during the training runs today! And, let me tell you that that I was literally staring at a wall! Woaw! Much respect those who challenge it!

But, not this year though. The downhill race has been cancelled (I think I already mentionned that) due to lack of snow. They actually helicoptered in some snow from a local glacier so that they could hold the slalom. Well, they pulled it off! The Canadians say that the course will be good.

I'm looking forward to the race tomorrow! It should be a big party! Apparently, it always is! If only I could get rid of this cold I have, so that I can participate in the festivities!

On a side note, I met Aksel! You know THE Aksel! Not exactly the way I planned though. Where to start? I met JP in Innsbruck on the way to Kitzbuhel! I was helping JP with his bags. We were waiting for the elevator and we happened to kiss! As we were kissing the doors opened AND GUESS WHO WAS STANDING IN THE ELEVATOR! Yup! Aksel! JP laughed and introduced me! I somewhat babbled a hello or something! I guess I ruined all my chances! Oh well....

More news tomorrow...

No comments: